• 7.png

The transcripts of transfer students must be sent with the application, along with a school catalog, course syllabi, and a letter requesting review of transcripts for possible transfer credit. We must be able to determine the number of classroom hours for each course. Transferring students are required to complete at least one academic year of their education at VU. If the student is accepted into the program, official transcripts must be sent to VU directly from the school the student is
transferring from. The fee for transferring credit is $25 per course (not to exceed $500). VU reserves the right to require challenge exams in the evaluation of any transfer credit. Transfer students must pay a transfer evaluation fee of $50 per program instead of the application fee.

Coursework and clinical hours submitted for transfer credit will be evaluated for applicability to the VU curriculum and to the professional licensure requirements of California State. This evaluation will be carried out by the Academic Dean and the Admissions and Student Services Coordinator. Granting of transfer credit will be subject to the following guidelines:

• No more than 20% of graduate semester units or the equivalent in other units awarded by another institution may be transferred for credit toward Professional Herbal Dietary Therapy Specialist and M.S. in TCM.

• Course transfer credit may be granted for equivalent coursework completed at an institution accredited by an agency acceptable to VU.

• Coursework completed at a non-accredited institution may be granted course transfer credit only with approval of the Academic Dean.

• Only coursework passed with a “C” grade or better may be evaluated for course transfer credit.

• Coursework completed more than five years prior to admission may receive course transfer credit with approval of the Academic Dean.

• Coursework completed at international colleges may receive course transfer credit with approval of the Academic Dean. Assessment of education completed in foreign countries must be evaluated by an educational evaluation agency in the U.S. to determine its U.S. equivalency at the student’s expense.

In addition to providing documentation of completed coursework, a student may be required to pass an advanced placement examination to receive credit. A grade of 80% on the advanced placement examination is required for course credit. Students scoring less than 80% will have to take the course as required review.

Transfer course equivalence assessments will be completed and credit granted by the end of the first academic trimester. Students dissatisfied with transfer credit decisions may appeal such decisions to the Academic Dean. The appeal should be made in writing and should clearly present the case for reconsideration. The Academic Dean will meet within two weeks of receiving notification and will issue its decision in writing.

Credit for didactic TCM courses and clinical coursework completed successfully at an institution that is approved by the California Acupuncture Board and accredited by ACAOM may be awarded up to 100%.



“The transferability of credits you earn at Vitality University is at the complete discretion of an institution to which you may seek to transfer. Acceptance of the degree/certificate you earn in the certificate/degree program is also at the complete discretion of the institution to which you may seek to transfer. If the credits or degree/certificate that you earn at this institution are not accepted at the institution to which you seek to transfer, you may be required to repeat some or all of your coursework at that institution. For this reason you should make certain that your attendance at this institution will meet your educational goals. This may include contacting an institution to which you may seek to transfer after attending Vitality University to determine if your credits or degree/certificate will transfer.”  

VU has not entered into an articulation or transfer agreement with any other college or university.

VU does not accept ability-to-benefit students and does not currently award credit for prior experiential learning.

After admission to VU, each student is provided with an enrollment agreement that is legally binding and specifies any transfer credit granted to the student and includes a checklist of all courses, examinations, and clinical hours required for graduation. Students who feel dissatisfied with any aspect of their agreement (e.g., granting of transfer credits) can make an appeal in writing to the Academic Dean, which will meet and issue a response within two weeks of receipt of the appeal.

As a prospective student, you are encouraged to review this catalog prior to signing an enrollment agreement. You are also encouraged to review the School Performance Fact Sheet, which must be provided to you prior to signing an enrollment agreement.